Concealed Pistol Permits (CPL)
EFFECTIVE DEC. 1, 2015 PROCEDURE TO CHANGE PURSUANT TO SENATE BILL 34
Concealed pistol application kits covering both new and renewal permits are available at the office of the Bay County Clerk, 515 Center Avenue, Bay City, Michigan, during regular business hours- Monday through Friday 8:00 am. to 5:00 pm. (Closed Holidays)
The concealed pistol application kit includes the following:
· Written procedure to obtain a concealed pistol permit
· Application form
· Instructions and form to appeal the decision if denied a concealed pistol permit
NOTE: Fingerprints taken by Bay County Sheriff's department Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays from 9:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.
Processing the application:
- Applicant files their application with the County Clerk in the county of residence. This must include: (1) a copy of the certificate of completion of the pistol safety training course; copies will NOT be made at the Clerk's Office.
- Applicant pays a fee of $100.00 for new applications and $115.00 for renewals to the County Clerk at time of filing.
- Applicant receives a receipt which is provided to the Sheriff's department confirming payment of the application fee.
- Applicant has fingerprints taken by any Law Enforcement agency offering Live Scan fingerprinting services at a cost of $15.00 for new applications.
- Once Michigan State Police receives fingerprints clearance reports, they will direct the County Clerk to release or retain carry concealed license in 45 days after fingerprints were taken. You will be notified via mail once the process is complete.
- Once the county receives the fingerprint clearance reports, they will issue or deny the license within 45 days. You will be notified via mail of your status when process is complete.
Michigan State Police: Information on carrying concealed pistol permits (CPL)
Bay County CPL Application Procedures - New & Renewal Applicants