2-1-1 Service Available
If you're looking for assistance with a problem and you don't know where to turn, or simply want information on a particular human service issue, 2-1-1 is for you. 2-1-1 is a free, easy and confidential phone number that connects people in need with organizations and people who can help them, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This service is made possible through the support of the United Way of American and Alliance of Information and Referral Systems.
This organization has a large range of services in the areas of basic needs, health care, and counseling. They provide:
- BASIC HUMAN NEEDS: Food banks, Clothing, Shelter, Utility assistance
- PHYSICAL AND MENTAL HEALTH: Medical information lines, Crisis intervention services, Group counseling
- EMPLOYMENT SUPPORT: Unemployment benefits, Access to financial assistance programs, Job training programs
- SUPPORT FOR OLDER AMERICANS AND PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES: Home health care, Adult day care, Independent living, Workforce training, Meals on Wheels
- SUPPORT FOR CHILDREN, YOUTH AND FAMILIES: Quality childcare, After school programs, Summer camps, Mentoring, Tutoring
- CRISIS CALLS: Suicidal thoughts, Domestic violence
Anyone searching for help or anyone who would like to offer their help can call 2-1-1. It is not a replacement for 9-1-1, which is reserved for police emergencies, ambulance, poison control and fire, but it provides services for other situations.
If you area seeking assistance or want to offer help dial 2-1-1 or toll free at 1-888-636-4211. You may also visit www.211nemichigan.org.
You can also find more information on other local service providers in Bay County, including their their contact information on our website.