The Purchasing Division is to provide for the fair and equitable treatment of all persons involved in public purchasing by Bay County, to maximize the purchasing value of public funds in procurement, to provide guidance to all individuals involved in public purchasing regarding the application of the policies and procedures to be adhered to; provides safeguards for maintaining a procurement system of quality and integrity and ensures that expenditures are incurred and recorded timely and in compliance with the annual adopted budget.
The Purchasing Agent shall serve as Bay County’s principal public purchasing official for the procurement of supplies, services, equipment, and construction need by, as well as the disposal, by way of selling via competitive bids, trading, auctioning, or scrapping of surplus and equipment belonging to Bay County.
- Authorized purchasers may make purchases under $1,000 without a Purchase Order
- Between $1,000 to $5,000 requires one (1) written quote
- Over $5,000 but below $20,000 requires a minimum of three (3) written quotes
- Over $20,000 requires a sealed bid
- Purchases above $5,000 but below $20,000 require a minimum of three (3) written price quotes. In some instances the Purchasing Agent may request a formal quotation process.
- Purchases over $20,000 require a formal bid; requirements for the bid process are detailed in the bid documents. Bids and formal quotation processes will be advertised on Bay County TV, The Bay City Times, on MLive, www.MITN.info and the County’s website.
Bay County Solicitations
|Due Date || |
Mitel VOIP Phone System Implementation
August 4, 2017 11:00 AM
Mitel VOIP Phone Implementation
MANDATORY PRE-BID MEETING see bid document for details
| RFP 032017 - Addendum #1|| Mitel VOIP Phone System Implementation|| August 4, 2017 11:00 AM|| Addendum #1|| |
| RFP 032017 - Addendum #2|| Mitel VOIP Phone System Implementation|| August 4, 2017 11:00 AM|| Addendum #2|| |
| IFB 032017|| Chemical treatment of Invasive Phragmites|| August 4, 2017 1:00 PM|| IFB 032017 Chemical Treatment of Invasive Phragmites|| |
Bay County announces joining the Michigan Intergovernmental Trade Network (MITN) online procurement system and encourages our vendor community to register at www.mitn.info.