The Bay County Health Department will be able to promptly process your application if you will take the time to provide the following information:
1. Complete the application form. Forms must be filled out completely in order for them to be processed by this department.
2. If you do not know the Property Code Number you may contact the Bay County Equalization Department for assistance at (989) 895-4075.
3. Submit the on-site evaluation fee as indicated on the top of the form along with the application.
4. All applications will be processed within a period of twenty-one calendar days from the time the completed application is received and the fee has been paid and receipted. The time necessary for approval of an application may vary due to workload and weather conditions.
5. If you are having an on-site evaluation on your water supply, please be informed that all Partial Chemical samples are forwarded to the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ) Lab in Lansing, Michigan. Results from the MDEQ are usually available within 2 - 5 weeks.
6. Most lending institutions will request the results of an on-site evaluation be sent directly to their office. When filling in the section "Results of Evaluation Forwarded To", please include the complete mailing address along with zip code.
Checks may be made out to the Bay County Health Department.
Please send payment along with the application to:
Bay County Health Department
Environmental Health Division
1200 Washington Avenue,
Bay City, Michigan, 48708
The Bay County Health Department will:
1. Conduct an on-site evaluation of the sewage disposal system and/or well, taking all necessary samples.
2. Notify you in writing of the results of the evaluation.
3. Always be available on a consultation basis to answer your questions at any time regarding the sewage disposal and/or well evaluation. The Health Department has a great deal of information regarding the operation and maintenance of your system. Please feel free to make use of this service.
Best wishes and good luck with your new home!