Bay County Division on Aging Mission:
Bay County Division on Aging is dedicated to providing continued opportunities for the community's older adults by maintaining independence, offering social opportunities, and enhancing their lives through quality services in a cost-effective manner.
Bay County Division on Aging is the resource for various Special Events and Programs within Bay County. The individual Dining Centers are where the fun begins with attractions such as holiday parties, picnics, health support groups, guest speakers, computer classes, Bay City Players, etc. The list could go on and on. All of the Special Events are accompanied by a breakfast, luncheon, or dinner. Please contact Debbie Keyes, Special Events/Volunteer Coordinator, at the Bay County Division on Aging at 895-4100 or toll-free at 1-877-229-9960 for more information.
- Blood Pressure Clinic w/ Cathy Sujkowski, R.N.
- Various Dates and Locations
- Call 989-895-4100 for specific information
- Wii Bowling League ~ Tuesday's (on Going in 2016 - 2017)
- Using the Wii gaming system and a remote, Bowling has never been easier!
- Join as a single player or as a team
- Location: Riverside Activity Center on Tuesdays
- Morning league - 10:00 to 11:45, Lunch at 12:00 Noon, Afternoon League - 12:45 to 2:00
- For additional information and registrations, please see the Wii Bowling League Event Fly
- Shuffleboard Club ~ Thursday's, on going
Two courts and plenty of equipment located in the Community Center Small Gym
Playing doubles, score singles
Location: Riverside Activity Center, 800 J. F. Kennedy Drive, Bay City, Contact person Sandy (989) 893-7070
After club - 12:30 to 3:30 p.m. Lunch is at 12:00 noon
Call 989-893-7070 for more information or to make reservations
~ Offering Fall, Winter, Spring Classes ~ taking reservations for Osteo Strength Exercises ~ Movement Programs at the Riverside Friendship Center:
The Bay County Division on Aging offers movement programs to help with socialization, cardio, strength and muscle toning to help encourage a better quality of life. The following classes are currently available or coming soon:
- Osteoporosis Strength Exercises Classes
- Six week program concentrating on the bones and muscles that deteriorate due to age, disease and lack of use. An excellent class for all ages and limitations. A pre-assessment is completed prior to first day to help get the best analysis for success
- Space is limited, call Debbie at 989-895-4100 to be put on the wait list.
- Commit To Be Fit
- With your well being in mind, this class is geared to strenthening, muscle toning, cardio, and stretching.
- Mondays & Thursdays from 10:00 - 11:00 AM
- Call Sandy to reserve a healthy lunch choice at 893-7070
- Line Dancing Classes
- Good Cardio Workout along with stretching, tons of fun and socialization.
- Fridays from 10:15 - 12:00 Noon
Call Debbie at 989-895-4100 for more information!!!
~ Weekly Activities At the Riverside Activity Center:
- Every Monday
- Men's Smear Club at 9:30 a.m.
- Commit To Be Fit at 10:00 a.m.
- Mixed Smear Club at 12:30 p.m.
- Every Tuesday
- Knitting/Crocheting at 9:30 a.m
- Bid Eurche at 10:00 a.m.
- Wii Bowling League - 10:00 and/or 12:45 (summers off)
- Cribbage at 12:30 a.m.
- Every Wednesday
- Every Thursday
- Commit To Be Fit at 10:00 a.m.
- Shuffleboard at 12:30 p.m (summers Off)
- Every Friday
- Line Dancing at 10:15 a.m.
- Money Bingo at 10:15 a.m.
- Pinochle Club at 12:30 p.m.