Animal License Fees
Please note that licenses are to be purchased in the month that your animal has been rabie vaccinated and will be good for one year from that month. Licenses are to be renewed on a yearly basis, unless you have purchased a three year license. We accept only cash or check.
| || Altered|| Late Fee|| Unaltered|| Late Fee|
|1-YR Dog/Cat|| $9.00|| $29.00|| $27.00|| $47.00|
|3-YR Dog/Cat|| $23.00|| $43.00|| $69.00|| $89.00|
STATE LAW REQUIRES: THAT ALL DOGS OVER 4 MONTHS OF AGE MUST BE VACCINATED AGAINST RABIES AND LICENSED THROUGH THE COUNTY. BAY COUNTY ORDINANCE REQUIRES: THAT ALL CATS OVER 4 MONTHS OF AGE MUST BE VACCINATED AGAINST RABIES AND LICENSED THROUGH THE COUNTY.
Animal licenses will expire the last day of the month in which the previous rabies vaccination was administered. License fees increase to the amount indicated above.
Rabies Certificate - must be valid at date of application for license.
IF YOUR ANIMAL IS DECEASED OR IF YOU NO LONGER HAVE THE ANIMAL, PLEASE NOTIFY THE BAY COUNTY TREASURER'S OFFICE AT 895-4285 OR ANIMAL CONTROL AT 894-0679.
An optional three year license is available for animals that receive a three year rabies vaccination in 2015. When animals receive a new three year rabies vaccination in future years they also will be eligible for an optional three year license.
Animal licenses expire the last day of the month in which the previous rabies vaccination was administered. Example: Last rabies vaccination administered April 10, 2013.
The animal's current license will expire April 30, 2013. Please refer to your rabies certificate to see which month you come due.
For animals that are currently licensed a renewal notice will be sent approximately two months before the expiration date. If you are buying a license in person please bring the renewal notice and your rabies vaccination certificate. If your animal rabies vaccination expires this year you must get a new vaccination and show proof of the new vaccination prior to applying to your license.
- (Mail) - Bay County Treasurer's Office, 515 Center Avenue, Suite 103 Bay City, Michigan 48708
- (In Person) - Bay County Treasurer's Office, 515 Center Avenue, Bay City, Michigan
- (In Person) Bay County Animal Control Office, 800 Livingston Avenue, Bay City, Michigan
- (In Person) All Township/City Treasurer's Offices
The following participating veterinarian clinics:
- Bangor Veterinary Clinic, 3917 N Euclid Ave., Bay City, MI 48706 (989) 686-0802
- Bay Animal Hospital, 637 W Center Rd., Essexville, MI 48732 (989) 893-4549
- Bay Valley Animal Hospital, 6015 West Side Saginaw, Bay City, MI 48706 (989) 686-0703
- Linwood Veterinary Clinic, 201 W Center, Linwood, MI 48634 (989) 697-5248
- Valley Animal Clinic, 937 W Midland Rd., Auburn, MI 48611 (989) 662-2551