Frequently Asked Questions & Information
State Law Requires
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
- Stray animals brought to the shelter without a collar are held for four days before being set up for adoption.
Animals with a collar are held for seven days, as per state law.
- Animals surrendered by their owner are available for immediate disposition.
- Dogs, cats, and ferrets adopted from the Shelter are mandated to be sterilized per the adoption contract.
- This shelter does NOT sell animals for research.
- Euthanizing is done by a lethal injection that makes the animal "go to sleep".
- This shelter has live traps available for public use.
- This shelter accepts donations. Common items are old towels & blankets, dog & cat food, kitty litter, bleach,
newspapers, detergent, fabric softener, and dog & cat treats or toys.
THANK YOU FOR BEING RESPONSIBLE PET OWNERS!